Thursday, July 10, 2008

Interesting conundrum

Okay- I have had this conversation way too many times in the last few weeks.
Women over 40 not wanting a realtionship- men over 40 wanting one!
Why?
Is it because women having raised husbands and children- caring for everyone but themselves- including a career, finally just want to take care of themselves?
Then men get upset and say we are too selfish.
Men, spend their youth having fun and taking care of themselves (and pay for the family) then want some sex, companionship - and us old birds- having been the caregiver- want someone to take care of us.
The men used to being taken care of by ex-wives- now realize they want more of that but do not realize- or now maybe do- the first wife- or wives- left because they (the wife) was not being romanced, respected and loved.....
Hmmm. women want respect, romance, flowers, dinners out---- then that makes us gold-diggers! Or if not interested in a relationship makes us miserable old women.....
any ideas?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your most common statement, wanting to be single, happy being single, BUT still want to be taken care of! Makeup your mind! No not all fit into your statement, I for one would and do enjoy the company of a women for the company, not looking or expecting the many extras that are avaible, not to say I would on some occation accept some, as that may or maynot be approperate. As for being a gold-digger, or an oldmaid these are labels add-on to a veriaty of certain situations... as i'm sure you as a lady would know.

Chanel said...

I know! See what I mean- women are so confusing.... but what I think I meant was that at this age most men want to be taken care of - but do not want to take care of a woman...... and most women do not want to take care of a man - they just want to be taken care of! Not fair at all but that is the way many women are- so better and easier to stay single since we do not want to cook, clean or do laundry for anyone (not even ourselves- the one thing I miss about being married is my housekeeper-- see not fair to a man)

Anonymous said...

unless your man is willing to do that!

Chanel said...

What man?
I don't want a man cleaning my house- then I owe him something anyway-- and I do not want to owe any man anything!
Been there done that----
And now the famous rant..............
Okay stop thinking this is so personal-- I don't have 'a man' and I don't want 'a man'..... see that is the point.... most women over 40 -- do not want a man.
Period- end of story- women do not want to answer to anyone- they want to come and go and do as they please- when they please without thinking of anyone else's feelings....they just want to take care of themselves.
Why is that men have such a hard time understanding that sometimes women just do not want a man?
What is so hard to get?
Please explaind--- without screaming and !!!!! everything anon-- can you just talk without getting all bent out of shape?

Anonymous said...

I didn't say You had a man, nor was I screaming, nor am I bent! The statement was an "in general" comment for some of the ladys who May have a man that May want to take care of the lady! Relax.

Chanel said...

okay-