Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dubai-maybe not a playground for the over 40 set

Interesting, a friend of mine- a global traveller when quired by me- mostly in jest-- "Please take me to Dubai"-- me thinking of great shopping(I hate shopping) I like to look at big jewels..

He answered "I would not take a date to Dubai- out of respect for them but also in that part of the world- life does not mean much"
Me-"but the shopping, the jewels"
"You won't find much better there than you can in West Edmonton Mall.... but they do not value life like we do here."
ME- "HUH"
"They make their millions on the backs of millions of poor people and do not care"
I know you read this -- but the irony is-- SO do almost all of the rich people here.
Anyway his retort was "I'd rather take you to Switzerland... heck me too! Switzerland sounds prettier, safer and with much better food at a better price.
All in fun- but I was shocked to hear that Dubai for all the glitz they are trying to present to the world that they are a modern city- really in fact is not!
So guys and gals- pick another place for your holiday- where you can hold hands, snuggle, sneak a kiss and relax knowing you will not be imprisoned!
Hey- there are great jewels to gaze at in Switzerland, Palm Springs and wow- Las Vegas!
For the record I do not wear much jewellery but the big stuff is amazing to look at- art!

No comments: