Friday, July 24, 2009

Guys take a lesson


My son came home really late the other night and woke me up!
You see women going through menopause do not sleep well and to interfere with our sleep is a very dangerous thing!
So, young man profusely apologized--- "Flowers mom, I will bring you flowers" ( I am a sucker for flowers, chocolate, large jewels----)
Anyway, I grumpily mumbled "No, not to bother" as I stumbled back to my bedroom.
"Mom", as he came up behind me "You are so gorgeous for almost 50. You look like Penelope Cruz"
AHA! I turned around and hugged him--- "You are one smart boy. Flattery will get you out of more trouble with women than flowers."
Then I happily stumbled back to bed thinking--'hmmm I though I looked more like Demi Moore- but I prefer the Latinos- Cruz, Sophia Loreen, that works for me (don't have the nose) but I still grinned while I feel fast asleep.
Yes, flattery is good!
(Hey, I got to pick the picture- and no I do not look anything like this- but I can dream)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets see, hum m, yep, same chin, same cheek bone structure [very nice more like Sophia Loreen's], but when your eyes are smiling, much better than hers, and you with out the make-up!

Chanel said...

Oh I love you! I think cheekbones are more like Sophias-- so I know you-- good smart boy- you also know how to flatter!
Good boy!

Chanel said...

ah I had to come back--- flattery is soooo nice-- and the jesture that my checkbones are more like Sophias------ nice touch!
and the eyes- that one I agree on- I love my eyes-- more like oh that doe eyed old movie star- cannot remember her name- even though her pictures are all over my house-- menopause moment

Anonymous said...

"Betty Davis eyes"

Are you sure you know who I am "la beau femme"?

Chanel said...

No- I do not know who you are just thought you must know me- But now not so sure as I do not have Betty Davis eyes at all- more like audry Hepburn-- well I am dreamig again!

At any rate- flattery + men= happy girl!

Anonymous said...

True you do have her eyes Or Tia Carrere's, twas the song of inspiration for" Betty Davis Eyes" that came to mind seeing yours.

Chanel said...

ahh- that is sweet... is that sweet?Guess I need to google the words for the song.....

Chanel said...

aha- like I thought- not truly a compliment..... does not sound like a 'nice girl'.....but one that I must admit most folks would find intriguing--- but nope- not like at all.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I said {meant} just to inspire.

Ah, You Still the looks to launch a thousand ships.

Chanel said...

okay- just wondering--- as I know the song- but have always been confused by the words---
but you win -again- I will take the Helen of Troy----
flattery is such a fabulous little skill-set-- One men should learn more---just like women should learn how to flirt!
Ah I sense another entry coming on!