Saturday, June 27, 2009

Okay-

If Michael Jackson can die at 50--- (still having such a problem he actually was 50- which means we are old) and Princess Diana can get killed in a car accident with a drunk driver-- anything can happen to us poor mere mortals.

Time to get off the pot- the pity pot- the money pot- the lazy pot- whichever pot you are sitting on and get some of the things you want from life done!

My List of the 50 things to do before I die---not necessarily in order

1) Romantic weekend in Quebec City (yes- this actually involves a man- so perhaps find a man for Quebec City should be before this )
2) Write a novel
3) San Francisco long weekend ( yup-never been want to eat- shop )
4) One week in New York- ( I am sure multiple trips should be in order- but I will start with one)
5) Cuba with my son ( his love of baseball will lead him to the small towns and my love of jazz and 'coolness' will let us stay some time in Havana--
6) Learn French
7) Buy something from a Paris flea market in French
8) Learn Spanish
9) Live in Mexico
10) Paint pictures
11) Fall in love - (again- or for the first time? not sure on this- know I have never been in love with a man that loves me- at the same time---hmmmmmm)
12) Write another novel
13) Stay (get) in shape
14) Be kind, laugh and love everyday
15) Garden more and better
16) Cooking school in the south of France
17) Cooking school in Italy
18) Hike around Nepal
19) One month tour of India ( ah the food, the fabric, the jewels, the architecture)
20)Safari
21) Love freely (no this is not a reference to cheap sex)
22)Be happy
23) Luxury car- Benz, Lexus, Beemer
24) Gold Rolex (long story from my childhood on this one)
25) Artist proof of Chanel #5 by Warhol
26) Lichtenstein art
27) LV makeup case
28) Black Chanel Chain bag
29) any Hermes bag- used, re-used, new -freshly ordered
30) Thailand
31) China
32) Live in at least one house that is finally decorated!
33) an extra in a movie
34) Live in my retrofitted train containers and be a hobo.
35).........................

10 comments:

terbear55 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chanel said...

15 more to come up- I truly do wonder what they will-- experiences, learning,new culture ,travleing, garding in a different climate, being an ex-pat somehere warm..............loosing myself in a passoin--------Gosh who knows and these change in life.
Painting a new picture for the front hallway is alsmot at number one! THe livingroom needs much work to re-create it to be the fung shui 'creative centre; of the house. It needs love, attention and time properplyspent there for it to develope its' true personaly. Having saying that my over large money/wealth corner needs the water running more, the fan going more, insense more and more gold and silver being played with.
Hey for me maybe I shoud borrow an Hermes bag or two, add my wish board of the money things I want and throw my jewellery box there-- add more money - then maybe the more money will appear-- ah some more feng shui work t odo on money and creative corners------------
I am off- gotta get the creative and money corners working.
Family corner is good---Cooking part is good- no cooking keeps that section clean.Masterbed room I think ismy widom corner- better read there and write there.... nope bedroom corner is not in relationship zone. That actually is fine for me at this point in time!
And my sons room is in the family corner and that is working way to well for him-- his is still very much into family, and staying here!
AGHHHH the many joys of kids!
Get them education- instead of 'hedge-ecated and then let them loose!

terbear55 said...

A sound plan.

--------- said...

Why do we always make lists like these when we hear of, or experience, a situation such as this?

I don't ask this with aggression - I am truly puzzled.

Are we too busy making a living that we forget that we are living a life?

We do tend to put things off and put them off and put them off, until suddenly we realize that our immortality is only an illusion. ("...Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time" - Neil Peart)

Within the past two weeks, I lost a friend to cancer and my job vanished, so this sort of thing is on top of mind right now. And I'll make a list of things I want to do and may even go forward with some of them (that romantic weekend in Quebec City is a good idea... know any single women that are interested?) but I also know that eventually I'll get caught up - yet again - in the busyness of everyday life until some fresh tragedy brings meaningful things back into sharp focus.

Chanel said...

Yes , Theo I think you are right! I admit I cheated my list was from my book I keep beside my bed and jot things down while I am getting ready to sleep.
Generally the notes look like this:
Costco-- coffee, salmon, toilet paper.
Hang the doors
wash and starch bed linens...
pay bills...
Then some cool things...
Lose 20 pounds
workout 2 hours a day- 1 hour treadmill, 1/2 hour abs/ 1/2 hour machines....
Then the gems like my unfinished list.
A friend of mine years ago told me "When you die your in-box will not be empty."
Simple really- but let's at least fill up the in-box it adds (or appears to add) some focus and purpose to our days.

Chanel said...

Ah to add to my list

36)-- A louis vuttion collar for my dog Louis Vuttion!
37)Money- yes I want money- Is that a horrible thing to say in your out loud voice? It is not the money per say- it is the security and options (never mind the stuff ) you can have if you have money.

terbear55 said...

A few thoughts to render here.

Maybe we do lists to put our lives in focus, to achieve some sense of fulfillment, and to start our in box; not to fill it but to give us some focus on our journey in life, because we do tend to get too busy living our life's[work, make money, ect.] that we do lose focus of things that are of more importance to us, before,now and into the future.
It is a sad state of affair when a tragedy brings this forward to remind us of this, but that seems to be how most people are in life. That learning curve I believe it's called, sometimes we just need to relearn.
And no the "in box" will not be empty[hopefully], cause then we would have nothing to drive ourselves to. No ambition ect., that could be very hum drum.
Just a thought or two.

Chanel said...

Okay- where are you getting all this wisdom from?
Not to say I don't think you have wisdom- just suddenly you are expressing it with much more clarity.......... hmmmm.
Do I see a 'ghost writer'?
Again, well said

Chanel said...

We work to fulfill the things on our wish list-to-do lists- but spend too much time making the money to fulfill our wish and to-do lists!
Hey, if we take time out to live life- we may end up second??!!!
so silly
Think I best start that novel- it is the one thing I have wanted to do my entire life is to write-. I think I was given my crazy life to help others navigate theirs! Mine is crazy- I am sure yours is too- bet you have a movie or a book that will help others.... maybe make you millions and make you immortal too!
(I have never wanted to be famous- just rich. I want to walk where I want without anyone knowing who I am- I value my privacy too much).

Chanel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.